Interesting facts about the banking system
The Bank is an organization providing financial services to the public. This is its main purpose. Today, the number of branches is more than enough in any large city, and the world economy directly depends on these institutions and their leaders. The society will not be able to live comfortably without the use of tools that make financial activity as successful as possible.
Today, banks in the concept in which we are accustomed to see them gradually switch to a contactless system, that is, without communicating with bank employees directly and it is convenient for both individuals and legal, and the most convenient bank for small business, in my opinion, Modbank is an online bank that helps businessmen do all the work: draw up contracts, keep accounts and much more. Well, below we decided to present some interesting and unusual facts about banks, so that you look at them from the other side.
1. The literal translation of the “bank” sounds like a “table”. The word “banco” from Italian means in translation a shop or table, at which money changers stood and exchanged money for the population.
2. It may sound strange, but in the past temples were considered the main competitor of financial organizations.
3. The ancient Greeks (trapezity) took deposits for storage. They were intended to pay for goods. Trapezits received documentation and small disputed amounts.
4. In the prescription there was a ban on the burial of bankers on the consecrated land.
5. In 1179, Pope Alexander 3 banned the funeral of moneylenders in accordance with Christian traditions.
6. The most expensive robbery is the theft that occurred at the Reichsbank. After the end of the Second World War, there was a huge stock of captured valuables worth over $ 3 billion in a German bank.
7. Four American bucks translated into Zimbabwean money is 10 million. If you want to become a millionaire, it’s time to buy a ticket to the African continent.
8. The largest coin is considered the Canadian “Medyak”, worth 1,000,000 dollars.
9. For the first time, credit cards began to be issued in 1880.
10. At the end of the 19th century, American Edward threw the idea of paying for purchases with cards, but society rejected it. As a result, 1950 is the date of the first appearance of the payment card.
11. The number of bank branches on the planet exceeded two million.
12. The British installed the first ATM in 1967. He worked on special vouchers that had to be obtained in advance at the bank branch.
13. Frequent thefts indicated the need for money transfer systems.
14. A sharp jump in the number of jokes and jokes towards bankers was recorded in 2008, and until that time, a funny story about a financial worker was a rarity.
15. About what credit people knew more than 3,000 years ago. The lucky ones were the inhabitants of Babylon, Egypt, as well as the Assyrians.
16. The first bank appeared in Mesopotamia around the 2nd century BC. Then in the temples and palaces of the rulers demolished a variety of things for storage. And the first full-fledged bank was opened by the Swedes in 1661